BRESSER Photo Mount w/o tripod
BRESSER Photo Mount w/o tripodDo you already own a photo camera and would like to create impressive pictures of the night sky with the help of the long exposure or even make time-lapse pictures with little effort ?
The BRESSER photo mount is the ideal base. Not only for beginners in astrophotography, this mount is particularly well suited, but also the experts swear by a compact and easy-to-use mount to automatically compensate for the natural rotation of the earth. The built-in tracking motor rotates the saddle-mounted camera precisely against the earth's rotation and thus the stars remain punctiform even with long exposures.
If you already own a sturdy photo tripod with a video tilt head you can use the photo mount's head directly with the 1/4 inch & 3/8 inch photo thread holes. The pole height (latitude) is then adjusted by the video tilt head. The photo-mount with tripod and polar wedge are also available as a bundle - Product No.: 4964110
Which cameras are basically suitable for use with the BRESSER photo mount ?
All cameras with ¼ inch (6.3mm) tripod connection thread and bulb length" B "for long exposure are suitable.
The BRESSER photo mount is designed for a camera with lens of max. 2.5 kg total weight to carry and track. Large aperture, wide-angle lenses are ideal for the beginning, because the requirements for tracking accuracy accumulate with increasing focal length and exposure time. Thus, a shot with wide-angle lens can be exposed for up to several minutes and the stars remain punctiform without problems. For example, with a 200mm telephoto lens the polar alignment of the photo mount must be exactly right. But thanks to the optical pole finder, this is done quickly.
After setting up the light and compact photo mount, simply set the approximate latitude (pole height) to the scale and aim Polaris through the illuminated pole finder scope. Then mount the camera with the photo lens using the quick-release plate on the supplied ball head. With the ball head, the camera can be aligned and determined at any time on any section of the sky. As soon as the tracking motor is switched on, long-time exposure can be started immediately. This does not even take 5 minutes ...
The tracking is carried out by a precise stepper motor, which can also be moved via the hand box with 2- or 32-fold speed in forward and reverse. Thus, the sky section can be adjusted even more precisely. Low power consumption allows up to 50 hours of operation with just one battery charge.
- Equatorial Photo-Mount
- Automatic siderial tracking against the Earth rotation
- Handbox to control the tracking motors (2x/32x)
- Suitable for northern and southern henisphere
- Optical pole finder scope with illumination unit included
- Ballhead with quick release saddle plate and 1/4" Photo thread for Kamera mounting
- Photo-Mount with 3/8" threaded bolt for ballhead mounting
- Photo-Mount with 1/4" und 3/8" inner threads for tripod mounting
- High precision stepper motor with helical gear for accurate tracking
- Large screws and handles for easy usage at night
- Battery operation or stabilized power adapter (optional acc.)
- Battery life: up to 50 hours
- Power connector at handbox: 6 volts DC jack 5.5/2.5mm (positive pole at center pin)
- Weight Photo-Mont with ballhead: 1.0 kg
- Load capacity of Photo-Mount: up to 2.5 kg
- Foto-Mount head
- Tracking motor with Handbox
- Ballhead with quick release saddle plate
- Pole finder scope with illumination unit
- Battery compartment 6 volts with case (no D-batteries included)
|GENERAL TECHNICAL DATA|
|DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS|
|Total length||200 mm|
|Total width||150 mm|
|Total height||150 mm|
|Net weight (without access.)||1000 g|