BRESSER StarTracker Astronomical Photo Mount Kit
BRESSER StarTracker Astronomical Photo Mount KitDo you already own a photo camera and would like to create impressive pictures of the night sky with the help of the long exposure or even make time-lapse pictures with little effort?
The BRESSER StarTracker Astronomical Photo Mount Kit is the ideal base. Not only for beginners in astrophotography, this mount is particularly well suited, but also the experts swear by a compact and easy-to-use mount to automatically compensate for the natural rotation of the earth. The built-in tracking motor rotates the saddle-mounted camera precisely against the earth's rotation and thus the stars remain in pinpoint shape even with long exposures.
This set contains all the components required for a quick and comfortable entry into the world of astrophotography with the exception of a camera and objective lens: A stable BRESSER tripod TP-100 DX with carrying bag, the BRESSER Micro Motion Head MH-100 (polar-wedge), the BRESSER Polar Finder Scope for StarTracker PM-100 and of course the BRESSER StarTracker astrophoto mount PM-100 with ball head.
Which cameras are basically suitable for use with the BRESSER photo mount? All cameras with ¼ inch (6.3mm) tripod connection thread and bulb length B for long exposure are suitable. The BRESSER StarTracker Astronomical Photo Mount PM-100 is designed for a camera with lens of max. 2.0 kg total weight to carry and track in polar mode. In Azimut mode also a camera weight up to 5.0kg is possible.
Large aperture, wide-angle lenses are ideal for the beginning, because the requirements for tracking accuracy accumulate with increasing focal length and exposure time. Thus, a shot with wide-angle lens can be exposed for up to several minutes and the stars remain punctiform without problems. For example, with a 200mm telephoto lens the polar alignment of the photo mount must be exactly right. But thanks to the delievered optical Polar Finder Scope, this is done quickly. After setting up the light and compact StarTracker Photo Mount, simply set the approximate latitude (pole height) and aim Polaris through the integrated Polar Finder Scope. Then mount the camera with the photo lens using the quick-release plate on the supplied ball head. With the ball head, the camera can be aligned and determined at any time on any section of the sky. As soon as the tracking motor is switched on, long-time exposure can be started immediately. This does not even take 5 minutes ...
The tracking is carried out by a precise stepper motor, which can be controlled by an easy digital setup on LCD screen. Low power consumption allows up to 20 hours of operation with just one battery charge or simply use the micro USB port for an unlimited power supply.
Typically achievable exposure times with good tracking accuracy are: 16mm wide-angle lens: 5 minutes (300 sec.) , 100mm telephoto lens: 1 minute (60 sec.)
- StarTracker Astronomical Photo Mount Kit
- Equatorial StarTracker Photo-Mount
- Automatic siderial tracking against the Earth rotation
- Different tracking speed setting possible
- Suitable for northern and southern henisphere
- Time lapse: from 15 minutes to 48 hours
- Ballhead with quick release saddle plate
- and 1/4'' Photo thread for Kamera mounting
- Photo-Mount with 1/4'' threaded bolt for ballhead mounting
- Additional quick release coupling for ball head removal
- High precision stepper motor with helical gear for accurate tracking
- Clear LCD screen and easy setup menu
- Battery operation 4 x AA batteries or mico USB (optional acc.)
- Battery life: up to 20 hours
- Weight Photo-Mont: 0.63kg
- Transport weight incl. complete accessories: 3.6 kg
- Adjustment height mount with tripod: 80-155cm
- Tripod transport dimensions: 60x10x10cm; tripod weight: 2,1 kg
- Load capacity of Photo-Mount: up to 2.0kg/5.0kg (EQ/AZ)
- BRESSER StarTracker astronomical Photo-Mount PM-100
- BRESSER Ballhead with quick release saddle plate
- BRESSER Polar Finder Scope for StarTracker PM-100
- BRESSER Micro Motion Head MH-100 (Polar-Wedge)
- BRESSER Tripod TP-100 DX with carry bag
- User manual
|GENERAL TECHNICAL DATA|
|DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS|
|Total length||1000 mm|
|Total width||1000 mm|
|Total height||1500 mm|
|Net Weight total (incl. accessories)||3600 g|